I was reading a blog post of Bec‘s the other day, and thinking about how nice it was that her lovely blog had been nominated for a Leibster Award. Scrolling through the nominees, I let out a huge ‘awww’ to see my blog on the list! So thank you for making my day!
- Thank the person who nominated you for the award and post their link in this post
- Display the award on your blog
- Write a 150-300 word post about one of your favourite blogs that is not your own
- Post 10 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve this award and provide links to them in your post
- Answer 10 questions that your nominator has asked you
- Ask your nominees 10 questions
- Let your nominees know that you have nominated them for the Liebster Award
My favourite blog(s)
Lily, A British Baguette and Kristin, Hola Aventura: My favourite blogs to read are year abroad blogs. Admittedly, it’s because I’m eagerly awaiting mine and like to imagine myself in some of the amazing experiences that I read about. Kristin is a language assistant and Lily lives in France, so the two blogs together have provided me with a great insight into what I’d like to do this year. I love reading all of their posts, from travel experiences, to cultural points that seem strange to an English person. I hope my host school gives me as warm of a welcome as Kristin received in Mexico, and no doubt I’ll be experiencing some similar embarrassing moments to Lily back in November!
Facts about me
- I study French with Spanish at university. I’m in my 2nd year but should technically be on my year abroad now as I restarted – everything happens for a reason though!
- I love cooking and creating recipes, and I feel like this has improved the way I view food.
- My future career plan was set on teaching for a long time, until I became a tutor. I spend AGES planning for 3 hours a week, so I’m not sure how I’d manage an entire class curriculum.
- France will be my home country as of September this year. I’m terrified but so, so excited.
- Observational comedy is my favourite thing to watch (Lee Evans, Michael McIntyre, Kevin Bridges etc) and always cheers me up.
- My biggest fear used to be dogs, and then my family got one so the fear had to (and did) disappear. Not a recommended method in all situations. 😉
- I feel so lucky to still be close with friends from college, secondary school and even primary school. It’s something I cherish and never want to lose.
- I have lots of travel plans for this year including Italy, Slovenia, Montenegro, Corfu and of course, France. Next year I hope to make the most of being in France by visiting Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- A fact I always bring up when faced with a ‘tell us something interesting about you!’: I was born on the day Manchester was bombed in 1996, and apparently saved my aunty’s life (or at least saved her some trauma) as she came to visit me instead of going shopping that day.
- I have quite a few posts written that I’m too nervous to publish for fear of looking like I’m oversharing, when really I think they could help somebody.
Question from Blvsh
What inspired you to start blogging?
I’ve always enjoyed writing, and I had been wanting to start a blog for a long time, but was unsure of where to start. I went to a Blogging 101 workshop ran by the BlogSoc at my university (have a look at their collective blog!) It was actually thanks to the girls there, and my friend, who already had a blog, that I just thought ‘why not?!’
What’s the greatest piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
I’ve been given lots of small pieces of great advice, but a quote that I like to remind myself of often is “If you want something you’ve never had, you must do something you’ve never done.” Let’s be honest, the comfort zone is comfortable, but it’s never that exciting…
Who would play you in the biopic of your life?
Ahh… I really don’t know many actresses, let alone someone who would interpret my character well. Can I say Miranda? :’)
What’s your guilty pleasure?
Wearing my dressing gown all day every day; only removing it to leave the house. Oh, and the occasional Lego Racers marathon.
What’s the last TV show you binge-watched?
I’m really not the type to fall into a binge-watching session, so unless a religious commitment to Coronation Street counts, I’ll have to answer this question boringly too!
In the perfect world, what will you be doing in five years time?
Splitting my time between Spain, France and England working as a freelance tutor. Earning enough money to travel whilst having the time to do so. Oh, the dreams…
What’s in your day-to-day bag?
“My MAC lipstick, my Victoria’s Secret spray…” Oh wait, that’s the idyllic answer. Honestly: a rather large amount of food (including a possible stray, moulding tangerine), some uni folders, an eyeliner in case I ever care enough to fix my face during the day, my house keys, railcard… Sorry, I’m even yawning myself!
What 5 items in your wardrobe could you not live without?
Specific items? Denim A-line skirt, black tights (OK they live in a drawer, but I must wear them 6/7 days a week), my fluffy black cardigan, khaki pinafore, aaand my leather-look purple skirt.
Who could you not live without?
*Goes general for fear of causing offence* Anybody who is willing to listen to me when I need them most, and those friends who make a genuine effort to make plans. Also, people with similar interests to me, as I find it really important to be able to have a good conversation about something you really care about. I could go all 2008 MySpace and start naming ‘ma main onez’ but I won’t, not today.
What do you want to be remembered for?
Just being a nice person I suppose. Hopefully having helped some people, made people laugh, etc.
MY NOMINEES (As well as the aforementioned favourite blogs)
- Lizzie of To Bake or Study?
- Rachel and Annie of Three Brits
- Jennifer of Je Suis Pas Cool
- Kirstie of What Kirstie Did
- Louisa of 21st Century Fox
MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU
- How did you decide on your blog name?
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
- What comforts you when you need it the most?
- What’s the funniest thing that’s happened to you recently?
- What did you want to be when you were younger?
- If you could choose a celebrity to be president / prime minister, who would it be?
- Post a link to a Pinterest recipe / craft / idea that you’d love to try out.
- You have to choose two pairs of shoes to keep forever, and the rest to be burned. Which do you save?
- What’s your biggest pet hate?
- What’s the most important thing you learned in 2016?
There we go! / ¡ya está! / ca y est! Oh look, the first time I’ve actually done what I originally promised and brought more languages into my post. 😉 Thank you again to Bec for the nomination, (I’d have loved to nominate you back, but does that defeat the point?) This has been fun to write and has saved me a little in the absence of ideas. I look forward to reading others’ posts, if you’d like to do them too. ❤